Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Where the f*** is my cheese?
Earlier this year, my current manager gave me a book to read called Who Moved My Cheese? I've carried the book around with me for over 6 months straight before reading it, and I so wish I read it the day he let me borrow it (I know, 6 months is quite a long time to borrow something. Don't worry if you ever let me borrow something of yours, I take good care of other people's belongings...) It's a very quick and easy read (almost too easy!). It's a 94 page reality check, part of many reality checks presented to me over the course of 2010. For me, it's become a catalyst to do something about where I'm at in life, both professionally and personally. It's become a reminder that change can be good, depending on how you deal with change. It's forced me to think about where I've been, where I'm at now, and where I want to be tomorrow. It's forced me to HONESTLY ask myself, "Am I truly happy, or do I need to make some changes and look for new cheese?" After many conversations with good friends, myself, and some mini breakdowns here and there, I've been forced to admit that I haven't been truly happy for quite some time. So, as 2010 closes and 2011 begins, I'm about to set out to find my cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment